Saturday, November 23, 2013

Week One of Release

Awake My Soul officially launched at about 7pm EST on Amazon and so far between Amazon and Goodreads it's carrying a 4.5 our of 5 star review. So far sales have been pretty good and I'm proud that Awake My Soul cracked the top 20,000 kindle books for sale on Thursday. I know that isn't huge, but there are over 500,000 books for sale on kindle, probably more. To be that high was a bit thrilling to see, and my goal once more reviews come in (hopefully more come in!) is that I can crack the top 10,000. Again, it doesn't seem that great, but with so many books available that's a big push! I even made my first sale on Amazon.de today and that was a surprise. It's crazy that someone on the other side of the world will be reading my book.

For those who want links (and hopefully there are some of you), here is a full breakdown of where Awake My Soul is currently available!

Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.de
Amazon.fr
Amazon.es
Amazon.it
Amazon.co.jp
Amazon.in
Amazon.ca
Amazon.com.br
Amazon.com.mx
Amazon.com.au
Smashwords.com (let's you download whatever format you like)

And because I'm very proud of them, here are my reviews!



Wonderful! November 21, 2013
By Ramona
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
I read that this is this authors first novel, can I just say WOW! If this is what I get from her first attempt, then I can't wait for the sequel! This book was amazing! The way she writes transports you to the time and setting flawlessly. The characters are incredibly well written. The story is beautiful. It's full of everything you need in a great romance. It full of wonderful characters, a slow growing and deep love story, some suspense and angst and a whole lot of steamy hot scenes! The way the characters home and surroundings are described keeps you interested as well. Sometimes, especially in a historic romance, I tend to skip over the descriptions of places and homes but not in this one. I'm soooo looking forward to what happens next with these characters, but not because of a cliff hanger ending, just because I really enjoyed them. I hope to see more from this talented author soon. 
's review
Nov 21, 13


Although the characters converse more like you'd expect from Downton Abbey, and not the 12th Century, the gloomy castles of Awake My Soul do evoke a certain medieval charm. I don't have a ton of experience with the genre, but it seems natural to classify this as a bodice-ripper (at times, it almost literally is). William, the noble to which main character Eleanor will be wed, initially comes off as a bit cruel, so imagine my surprise when the author subverted my preconceptions and built the two leads into a loyal, intimate couple!

But that's not to say all intimacy need be soft. Often, it seems Eleanor spends more time in chains than not, but, while the bondage of this book shares little in common with the medieval reality of those implements, what is fiction if not a place for fun? And oh, do they have fun: in mask or shackle, Eleanor and William seem to love every minute of it. As to my personal preferences, Laura Hault devotes more words to intimate moments than she does fight scenes (though this book is not without its swords), and I appreciate the primary focus being on a loving relationship; the book is largely without force or questionable consent. The book is labeled as the first in the series, and it ends in a moment that skillfully combines the intimacy of the now with the anticipation for future works. There is something warm about the core relationship in Awake My Soul, and it remains even when the flogging commences.

No comments:

Post a Comment